Monday 8 October 2012

My spending ban lasted for 7 hours.

Despite  my insistence that I cannot spend any money at all, I went a bit shopping mad. I spent a fair amount in Primark but it was these 2 items that I wanted to share with you.
I bought them on separate days, however I actually quite like the look of them paired together!

Hidden wedge High tops from River Island- £40


Lace Maxi dress from Miss Selfridge- £45

I wore this outfit the other day, with plain black tights and a black blazer (£7 from Primark!) and as mismatched as it may seem, it worked! 
What I love about this dress is how you can easily make it look a bit more casual, simply by pairing it with casual shoes, or you could make it look quite high end and 'going out' if you matched it with some nice high heels. 

Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of me wearing this, but next time I wear it all together I'll try and get a photo of it!
I've got to be honest, I've been making a lot of outfits that I actually really like, but I'm so damn insecure that getting a full length photo of me is next to impossible. But we'll see, maybe I'll get over that for the sake of this blog ;) 

What do you think, is it ever a good idea to casual something up that's originally quite elegant and pretty, or is anything okay for experimenting's sake?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment